A new user role has been added to all of our permissions, but we did not add it. Does anyone know what this user is and if we need it? I assume it was part of the maintenance push from last week, but am not 100% sure.
When a Cloud add-on is installed into your instance that requests permission to view project data, a new group is created "atlassian-addons-project-access". We put a user in this group which is only available to the add-on.
This allows you to finely restrict access from specific projects. By default, the add-on is given access to all projects.
Hey Amanda, in case this user is the System Administrator, than this could be related to any troubleshooting / workaround being executed from Atlassian's end. In case not, I believe you may want to open a ticket to Support.
Cheers,
Rodrigo Silva
Did you install an Atlassian cloud add-on recently? This looks like a automatically created group from an Atlassian Connect add-on to give it the required permissions that it's scopes requested at install time.
The concept is nice (giving fine-grained access to project admins). BTW we have problems with JIRA Service Desk right now, the add-on can not access JIRA Service Desk projects (server to server) as it receives a 404 error (add-on user has the atlassian-addons-project-access role as you mentioned). Any ideas? (so far this problem occurs for us only for Service Desk projects)
Seems like when we create new Service Desk projects, a new permission scheme is created for each and the atlassian-addons-project-access is not part of that scheme.
I had installed an add-on and noticed a difference when I couldnt view new service desk projects that I created as site admin itself. Thank you for sharing this clear response @seb. Really helpful!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.