Title says it all: How do I ask JIRA "what bugs have I modified in the last X days?"
You can search for all issues you have transitioned in the last to days with this JQL
status changed BY username AFTER -2d
But this does not work for "updated" or "updateDate". For the current versions of JIRA the history operators can only be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution and Status fields.
Henning
You will have to use filter
Example : issuetype = Bug AND updated >= -2d
For more details refer - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching
Thanks, but that's not what I'm asking. I only want the issues which I have changed, not all issues which have been changed by anyone.
In JQL you can search if Status/ Resolution is changed by X user, but this doesnot mean whatever X user has changed.
issuetype = Bug AND updated >= -2d and status changed BY X USER
I don't think you can do this directly, other than by reading your activity stream in your profile.
Chaithra's answers are close, but the problem is that Jira searches by issue, not by person, so "all changes made by X" queries are rather hard to construct.
I think this needs some JQL coding...
The answer is seemingly "You can't". Even though that information exists somewhere (you can see it in the bug history) you can't search for it.
Too bad. When I had that search in one of the previous bug trackers I used, I would use it all the time.
This worked for me:
assignee = currentUser() OR reporter=currentUser()
to find all the stories and issues changed by current user since the project
just add AND updated = StartofWeek() at the end and gives you weekly changes
Doesn't work. I've got a bug I worked on and assigned to a colleague, your search won't find it.
You can do assignee WAS currentUser() but the problem with that is you'll see any issue that you've been assigned to at some point. So not ideal, but closer.
What if you watch your issues?
project = <project> AND updated >= -7d AND watcher = currentUser()
Toolkit is the one that works closed . It provides field LastUpdatorCommentor which will show value of last user edited or commented whichever is latest
The closest I could come to the requirement is:
1) Status changed by user within last x days
2) Created by user within last x days
3) Assignee changed by user within last x days
(status changed BY currentuser() after -8d) or (created >= -8d and creator = currentuser() ) or (assignee changed by currentuser() after -8d)
Still not covered: Commented without change of status or assignee
Note: At least the "assignee changed" part of the query seems to work weird with the dates, you might want to increase the required number of days by 1 to really catch all issues
There is a JIRA suggestion for this feature: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-15235 you may vote for it, but it is an old request.As for now, and what I see, the nearest you can get to this is using the JQL Mykola Novik posted.
ActivityStream.png
In analogy to the Activity Stream Gadget, it queries the item-history, but you've got more options for filtering, grouping, etc.The result looks like:
ItemHistoryResult2.png
select ji.issuekey, ji.issuetype, cg.author, cg.created changedate, ci.field, ci.oldvalue, ci.oldstring, ci.newvalue, ci.newstring from changegroup cg join changeitem ci on (cg.id = ci.GROUPID) join (select ji.id, p.pkey||'-'||ji.issuenum issuekey, ji.summary, it.pname issuetype, ji.created from jiraissue ji join project p on (ji.project = p.id) join issuetype it on (ji.issuetype = it.id) ) ji on (cg.issueid = ji.id) ------------------------------ where author = 'your.user.name' -- modify user and cg.created > to_date('08.08.2016','dd.mm.yyyy') -- modify date and cg.created < to_date('10.08.2016','dd.mm.yyyy') and issuetype in ('Bug','Story','Epic') -- modify issuetype ------------------------------ order by cg.created
This data is right on the UI, and clearly of significant interest to users but you can't extract it.
Not thought out.
This was very helpful for me. I could then use fixVersion to see all issues that had been assigned to me in the current release (or a previous release). Thanks!
Just in case this might be useful to anybody:
Even though the exact case scenario here commented has no JQL solution (at least I don't see it), another good filter to find stuff you've done is worklogAuthor = currentUser()
To look for issues that were at some point assigned to you but you forgot to log time to them:
assignee was currentUser() and worklogAuthor != currentUser()
To look for issues that were at some point assigned to you and are still open but no time has been logged in them in a while:
assignee was currentUser() and statusCategory != Done and worklogDate < startOfDay(-x)
where x is the ammount of days where no time has been logged.
No, this answer is not relevant, it's about change of status, but question is about bug modification, which is wider than just modification of status.
Thank you for trying answer the question. This is helpful.
But since there's not a 100% satisfactory out-of-the-box solution for what Jonah asks for, people in this thread have just provided with some useful JQL expressions. And we've explained the limitations of the queries so... some answers might be relevant for someone.
Like me! This was extremely relevant to me!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.