I need to restrict a user (or users-group), to allow to see and edit only issues from some project sub-set. The best way I can see - to create new component and to filter out by this component.
Any ideas?
Thanks!!
Permissions are by project, not by component. You will have to make it a separate project or use issue security schemes. The latter will require you to set the appropriate security level when the issue is created or edited.
That won't work. Issue visibility is done at a project level on the most part, so a user must be able to see the project that their issue is in.
Then you can restrict the issues further by setting a security level. But they're user based, nothing to do with components. And you'll need to set the level on all issues you want to hide.
Thanks! And can I configure,for example, one Epic,and restrict one user to see only this epic and all it's children? The main question in that case - do I need to apply in some way the "security level" for each one of child issues for the Epic, or it should allow an access for selected user via hierarchic tree. That may be good enough. Thanks again
Unfortunately, yes. The security level needs to be applied on the child issues as well. Applying it on the Epic is not enough.
thanks...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.