I apologize for not being able to ask a more specific question:
We are migrating our projects from Pivotal Tracker to JIRA, and I have a few questions about how to best configure the particular project that I manage. This project runs in parallel to the main development project, which uses scrum with two week intervals.
Here is what I am struggling with:
I'd prefer to not have to manually assign issues to sprints. Instead, I'd like to simply keep the backlog ordered by priority and have an issue be "in a sprint" once it becomes in-progress. I do need to track the sprint in which a issue was started, and when it was finished, so a pure kanban project might not work. The sprints are always the same as the main development project.
How can I best maintain a simple flow like this while working within a larger Scrum context?