The day remaining gadget always shows 1 day less. Also during some time in the day (I think around noon'ish or so) it will deduct one more day (as if I was in a different timezone). I checked my timezone and it is correctly reflecting my timezone.
The gadget calculates days left in 24 hour increments, so e.g. if there's 47 hours left until the end of the Sprint, it'll show 1 day left (although intuitively you may assume it's 2 days). The result of the calculation will change at the hour of the planned Sprint end time as well, as that's when an increment ends - in this case, it'll be around noon.
Thanks for explaining. Now I know how those days are calculated. However I can't agree this is a user friendly approach. Is there any plan to enhance this behavior so it would be more sensible?
It would be nice to allow us to configure that.
Totally agree with Paul and Roman. Bottom line, it always shows wrong data (less 1 day). It must be fixed.
More over, when starting a sprint, you define start and end time. It fails to calculate days in sprint as well. For example, I defined the start time as 08Aug2016 00:00 AM and end time as 18Aug16 23:59 PM. It should have calculated it as 9 days; actually it was 8..
This is very annoying and makes the gadget useless
Agreed that this gadget is not very helpful.
This is happening since 2013.
And still happening right now. See attachment:
Current day: Thursday.End of Sprint: Monday.Days left in the Sprint should be 3 (Thursday, Friday and Monday. Instead, shows only 2 days left).
Hello,
I have the same error like @andrers2b, the remaining days is wrong, should be 21 days and not 14 days.
Can anyone fix this?
@Regis_Zanandrea, IMO this is different than @andrers2b. In Andre's case it is working as designed. it counts "full days" not partial days. In your case the number is well off. Please open a new questions w/ all of your details posted. This is a rather old thread.
OK @Jack Brickey
Amazing 5 years now this has been reported. A simple clock to fix and Atlassian seems to be least bothered ... huh ... !!
We run into the same problem. Number of days remaining is 1 day less then the actual days remaining. In the Sprint Health gadget this is just annoying, but the Days Remaining gadget becomes useless because of this.
Is there a work around for this issue?
My work around - I select end date as day 1 of next sprint
I agree with the comments above - pretty shocking that this is still not fixed in Jira.
Also happens in the confirmation screen before a sprint is launched. Set sprint start and end to be 9:00 Monday to 17:00 Friday and it says 4 days!
Pretty lame that this bug still exists (in the Cloud version, at least)...
@Carlton McFarlane, you mention "bug still exists". Are you aware of a bug being reported/tracked on this? I don't immediately see one and it has been my understanding that it is working as designed. Granted one could argue that the design could and maybe even should be changed.
Thank you for your response, @Jack Brickey.
Re: bug vs. feature - the issue I describe above could only philosophically be described as a "feature" rather than a "bug". See, in addition, the reports of @asmarkis and @Mark Luders above. It's improbable that someone proactively designed a full week to be shown as four days at or before the start of the week.
Re: existing issue report - I have no idea. I reached this thread via a fruitless Google search to try and find the settings where I fix this display issue or implement a workaround. It seems that working days are customisable but not working hours (except in Portfolio for Jira). Not acceptable that one should have to use a paid add-on to fix what appears to be a simple clock issue. Happy to log an issue somewhere, although I'd have thought someone in the Atlassian team might have done that given this thread has been open for five years.Where should I look/log?
You can either go to Atlassian Support or better to JAC. The later will allow you to dive in and search for possible existing tickets using JQL.
Personally, I would find it to be a better (?) solution to report hours remaining and drop partial hours rather than days remaining. It would use a standard 8h day unless configured otherwise.
We just started using sprints in my team and every single person was confused by the Days Remaining figure. 0 days remaining should mean the sprint has finished.
@Jack Brickey come on man.... The main usage of this gadget it to show the dev days / workdays left in the sprint. If its decimal base how hard to extend the view to see the decimals or have the toggle to round up.... This isnt rocket science and one most used gadgets that everyone has to remind their managers its off by one day. "Why?" Cause you know its Atlassin. JIRA is better than this, lets be better.
Hi Jeff,
I can't say how hard it is to change it personally. I guess it would depend on the requirements/solution. Should it be configurable and if so would it be a system config or per project. In any event this feedback is something that should be shared with Atlassian (feedback, JAC, Support).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.