Hello I'm using an ASP.NET C# WCF service application to interact with JIRA via the REST API.
I have had luck with nearly all of the GET requests, but none of the POST requests.
The instance of JIRA that I'm interacting with is cloud-hosted, JIRA v7.1.0-OD-02-030.
My post data for creating an issue:
{
"update": null,
"fields": {
"project": {
"id": "10300"
},
"summary": "Test jira issue 01",
"issuetype": {
"id": "10000"
},
"assignee": null,
"reporter": null,
"priority": {
"id": "3"
},
"labels": [],
"timetracking": null,
"description": "This is a test description value.",
"duedate": "2015-12-30",
"fixVersions": [],
"components": [],
"customfield_10009": null
}
}
This results in an HTTP 400 response, with a body of:
{
"errorMessages": [
"Internal server error"
],
"errors": {}
}
The message is vague, but if I would have to guess I'm thinking the REST API is encountering an HTTP 500 on its end, and is sending the HTTP 500 "Internal server error" exception message back to me.
As you can see from my post data, I'm sending the bare minimum in terms of field/value pairs in hopes of getting just a single issue to be created via this REST API.
The issue type id, priority id, project id, and customfield_10009 values I pulled from REST API response for "Get Issue" :
GET /rest/api/2/issue/
for one of the other issues on the JIRA project I'm targeting for the issue creation. (this way I know their values are valid for this project: 10300)
Any help is appreciated, thanks,
-Eric