Is there a way to get a dump (XLS, CSV, etc.) of all of the users in JIRA along with some of the various fields? We'd like to clean up the userbase, but doing so by going through using a browser page by page is labor intensive.
Atlassian Support can most likely help you out with this.
Use the SOAP / REST APIs to get all the users. You should be able to update them too.
If you don't fancy programming, I'm sure the jira CLI will let you do it with some shell scripting.
Yeah, I tried the CLI, but it doesn't let me control which fields I get back - I'm trying to purge folks that have never logged in, but the CLI doesn't seem to respond to those fields. I'm going to take a look at the REST option.
Any other suggestions?
I've been doing powershell scripting with the API for a while; there are a few things I can't overcome with it, though - I've messed with selenium, but never been successful. I'll take a look at webdriver. In the meantime - this is a serious PITA.
https://[mycompany].jira.com/rest/api/2/groupuserpicker?query=users returns 6 items - one of which is the users group. Since I'm trying to get a list of the users...
Selecting a user picker won't work because it requires that I pass a username.
If you're in on-demand, just screen scraping. I use WebDriver a lot.
If you were on hosted I would suggest a quick groovy script.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.