On an existing Wiki page, the page tree allows me to expand pages that contain child pages e.g.
ExpandItemOnPageTree.PNG
when I click the rightarrow next to "General Information", I see the child pages.
However, in another space, I do not see the rightarrow next to "expandable" pages.
How to activate?
Thanks,
Steve
The sidebar is not controlled by the content of the page. It depends on the theme that is selected for a space (some themes don't have that sidebar at all). If both of your pages are in the same space, then the sidebar should look the same - it will just unwrap to show you the position of the page that you are currently looking at.
If you're working in different spaces, then there is a chance that your sidebar settings are different, or the theme is.
More on that here:
Sidebar: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configure-the-sidebar-317194694.html
Themes: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/apply-a-theme-to-a-space-139535.html
If you don't see an arrow, it means that that page has no child pages, so there is nothing to display.
Monika,
Thanks for your response. However, the page definitely has child pages. When I click on the parent page's name (NOT the arrow, which does not exist), I see the child pages.
Maybe there's some setting that controls this behavior?
Hmmm... it may be a bug, but I can't reproduce it. Try to open the page and see if the page tree macro has been configured properly (double click on the macro to edit its attributes). Make sure that it uses proper root page, and so on. If nothing helps, report an issue to Atlassian.
Cheers!
OK you may be on to something.
For the page that works correctly, the sidebar contains the header Page Tree.
For the page that does not work correctly, the sidebar contains the header Child Pages.
Both pages have a Children Display macro, not a Page Tree macro. As far as I can tell, both macros have teh same setting.
What do I look for next? The underlying issue must be the related to Page Tree vs. Child Pages.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.