Hi, I am new to Jira and was trying to automate a ticket creation in Jira. I have a shell script in which I am checking for certain condition and if the condition is true, a ticket has to be created automatically. I saved my login info in a cookie file and used that for authentication. I tried below wget to create a sample issue from command line. But it did not create any ticket. can someone help me.
wget --no-check-certificate --load-cookies cookies.txt http://10.1.1.1/secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa?pid=11543&issuetype=1&summary=My+Test+Issue
Any help on this is highly appreciated.
Hello,
I recommend checking this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Automating+JIRA+operations+via+wget that contains some tips that may help you out.
Hi Pedro,
Thanks for the reply. For my script, I was referring the above link only. But when I tried using curl, it just ran and was showing an html output on the command line and at the end it showed done. But when verified, no ticket created.
Command ran is : curl -u username:password https://10.1.1.1/secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa?pid=12345&issuetype=1&summary=MyTestIssue&description=Testdescription&os_authType=basic
How about using the REST API?
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Create+Issue
This page contains examples to use REST to create issues with a simple curl line
Just make sure the External API is enabled in JIRA's General Configuration page.
Do you have any other mandatory fields that needs to be populated? Any other error in the logs?
Thanks Pedro and Jobin. I was able to fix the issue using curl. Thanks for your help.
Pedro,
The page you refer to (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Automating+JIRA+operations+via+wget) does not exist at the given address. Where can I find it?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.