This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Specifying field behavior
image2016-1-27 9:27:6.png
image2016-1-27 9:22:55.png
I have selected the Epic screen and de-selected
I have added the team name field and removed it.
I have logged out of JIRA and back on.
Team name is still required on my Epic screens and I don't want it to be even displayed
A field that is set to mandatory is, well mandatory.
The screen is utterly irrelevant - a screen is just a list of fields to present to the user when they do something with an issue. It has nothing to say about the fields behaviour, just that they're there and in a chosen order.
If you want to make the field optional, change the "field configuration" for the project and issuetype. Make the field optional in there, and it'll work fine.To make a field required during a transition, use a validator. Not a screen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.