The Confluence QA integration with HipChat supports notifications when a new Question is Asked in Confluence Q&A:
image2016-5-4 12:13:14.png
Does Slack for Confluence also support getting this information into Slack? Also will it support notifications when a new answer is added?
Confluence Webhooks have not been released yet and I don't know if there is official word on when that will happen. They are listed in Confluence Developer so I think it will happen eventually but again, nothing official.
Edit: Slack for Confluence now supports Confluence Questions, as explained in our documentation. Let me know if you have any questions!
Original answer:
As the author of Slack for Confluence, I've quickly looked into possibilities. It turns out this is possible by polling the Confluence Questions REST API, although the effort is nontrivial.We'll be collecting interest for this functionality in our issue tracker and will build it once we're convinced the effort is going to pay off. Please leave a comment over there in case you're interested in this enhancement.Thanks!
As the author of Slack for Confluence, I've quickly looked into possibilities. It turns out this is possible by polling the Confluence Questions REST API, although the effort is nontrivial.
We'll be collecting interest for this functionality in our issue tracker and will build it once we're convinced the effort is going to pay off. Please leave a comment over there in case you're interested in this enhancement.
Thanks!
I'm interested! (the issue tracker link gave me a 404)
@Dan Schepers: Sorry about that, I just updated the link to the new location of our issue tracker.
We've released Confluence Questions compatibility as of October 2017. Let me know if this satisfies your requirements!
Interested, for sure!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.