We use Google docs. Projects start with a code P001 P002 et cetera. It would be easy to use this codes as project codes but only capitals are allowed. Why is that? And is that going to change sometime soon?
There is a possibility.
Try changing jira.projectkey.pattern property at Administration > System > Advanced Settings.
p.s. We are using ([A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9]+) pattern.
Andrey, thanks for your quick response. I see Administration en System, but cannot find Advanced Settings and thus the jira.projectkey.pattern. I am using the cloud version of Jira, is it still possible? And could you give me a little bit more direction?
Under advanced I see options like ; Indexing, Attachements, Events, WebHooks, Severvices.
It's not changeable on Cloud, one of the features they've disabled.
I'd recommend you change that to ([A-Z][A-Z0-9]+) - there are plugins and features that go wrong when they encounter a project key that starts with a number.
Ah, thanks, bummer. I really don't understand why it's been this way.
It used to be more open before Cloud, but people insisted on using silly settings and breaking stuff. They've never supported anything more open than ([A-Z][A-Z0-9]+) and on Cloud, it's all about being able to maintain large numbers of installations that all conform to standards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.