I have not broken up the project into sprints, I just want a sum of the estimated time I have entered for each story, preferably by Epic. No work has been logged yet, just want an idea of the time estimated for the entire project.
In RapidBoard I see the totals per epic, still would be nice to see grand totals, but a spreadsheet worked for now.
There's a free plugin called SumUp which shows you the total days for any filter results.
So you can just search for "project = [project name]" and the totals for each column in your filter results will show up at the bottom.
Even if you have more than 100 results, say you have 500 tasks in your project, the total for the 500 tasks will show at the bottom of the screen. Below is an example for one of my projects, showing originial estimate, remaining estimate and time spent:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.cps.sumUp
I think the plugin "Epic Sum Up" is exactly what you need!https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/aptis.plugins.epicSumUp
I need a help please!i need a generic groovy script for Total!! estimate on an epic in JIRA, including childes (issues & sub tusk)
i know there is an add-one but ineed only a working groovy script.
thx
Hi
thanks for your plugin and I see it. But I need sum of Original Estimate in order to use it with BigPicture Gantt Plugin. Do you have any solution in order to copy the aggregated time to Original Estimate field s of Epics?
First of all, what if you don't need to deal with manual work logging anymore!?
Check out the Quantify time spent addon. And yes, it can sum up tickets in epics including sub-tasks.
You can see that in Backlog view when you open Epic:
It's sth I also need. Is this the sum up of all stories inside epic or just epic estimation itself?
It is the sum-up of all stories inside epic
@Igors_Veliks i think that's only the epic itself
It's not free anymore:
Hi Randy,
You can use Agile Docs to sum up the total estimated time of each Epic in your project.
Opens up right inside your project dashboard.
Or, if you want a zoomed-out view of Epics only, you can uncheck "Expand All Epics”:
If you need a more granular way to search for Epics rather than just all unresolved Epics in your Project, you can use your existing Quick Filters to search for them.
Hope that helps!
@Igors_Veliks how did you get to the view in your screenshot please?
@Souni Breil wrong thread, but anyway: it's jira cloud + scrum board + backlog view
You guys should take a look at this awesome free plugin - it did fit all my needs
Hey @Ansar Rezaei ,
Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same issue with BigGantt ...
/Stine
BigGantt or BigPicture are the perfect tools to use for your report.
Follow these steps to get your OE nicely aggregated on the WBS:
Hey @Radosław (SoftwarePlant) ,
How can I use BigGantt to sum up the total OE on epics so that the length in the Gantt chart will be accurate? Currently I can only do this by manually adding an estimate to the epic.
I can see in my email that you answered, but the answer is not here?
Hi Stine,
I will assume that by "the total OE on epics" you mean the sum of all OE of The Epics children as if they were done one by one continuously and that by "the length in the Gantt chart will be accurate" you mean that the length of the parent Epics' taskbars would reflect this sum up.
Steps to follow:
Anna od SoftwarePlant
Really old thread but it appears people still stumble upon it from time to time.
The easiest way to get this info quickly, at least for me, is to create a filter with just the epic I want total time for (including all the sub-tasks), and then do a Workload Pie Chart Report using that filter and original estimate. Boom!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.