How do you create a resolution drop-down choice set? So far I only found the Post function to "Updates a simple issue field to a given value."
I don't want a given field. I want the user to pick what the resolution is.
Go to Admin -> Issues -> Resolutions, and make sure the list of resolutions contains all the entries you need
Then, go into the workflow and look at each transition that goes from an "open" type status (e.g. open, in progress, reopened) into a "closed" type status (e.g. resolved, closed) and look at the "transition screen" setting. You need to make sure that the screen includes the field called "resolution".
Thanks! I never used other screens before - as I always try to keep things simple and uncluttered - I'll give it a try on Monday first thing.
Off the shelf, JIRA ships with a "resolve screen" which the default workflow uses as I've described above. If in doubt though, create your own new version of the screen and use that in your transitions. That way, you won't break anything unexpectedly, and you can use names that make it clear what you're doing.
Hi Nic, I'm part way there, in that the user can touch Resolution and choose, but I'd rather have a Resolution screen pop-up when the transition to Resolve. I don't see other projects with the pop-up using more than one screen. It's maddening, really. However, I'll make a playground and see what I can do with a new version of the screen. Any hints on the pop-up?
I am not sure how to achieve this " I want to make Resolution filed a user selectable drodpdown" but I have followed what @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- suggested but still couldn't make it.
went to wrokflow, checked all sort of transitions from Open state to closed state in Diagram and Text mode and then Transition screen settings I couldn't find where is this settings available. Please suggest a way to make resolution field a user selectable drop down.
Look at a transition into the end status where you want them to select it
On the transition panel, click "edit", then choose a "screen" for it.
Make sure the screen you choose has "resolution" on it.
Thank you, I remember changing the resolution and issue type fields to dropdown filters from Screens.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.