Desired Result: Granting access of a confluence user to a single document space.
In order for a user to successfully be able to log in to the system, and be able to have access to Confluence, they must be a part of the group 'users'.
However, what this means is that this individual user now has access to all of the Confluence spaces since by default, all spaces allow access to the group 'users'.
So I'm really confused as to how one goes about making one-to-one permissioning schemes between an individual user and and individual confluence space.
The way I currently understand it then, in order to achieve what I'd like, I need to:
- Add any new individual user to group 'users', otherwise they can't access Confluence
- Then, if I want to give them access to only a single Confluence space, I need to remove group 'users' from all other spaces, remembering to do this for every new space that gets created since this access is provided at creation of a new space.
Obviously I'd prefer a different method than to have to re-configure group access for all spaces (not fully knowing the broader implications of this before-hand).
Is there something I'm missing preventing me from doing this in a straight-forward manner?
richard