Hi All,
I'm an experienced project manager and I'm making my first steps with Jira.
I noticed that this system is very helpful in areas like: team collaboration, bug tracking and version management.
What I am missing is a way to control the project from a more high level position, for example I need to be able to see clearly:
1. Version release accumulated delay (If the version is delayed more other than remembering the "original" release date I can see a trend based on history)
2. Estimated finish date of the scope currently in Jira (issues opened)
3. Dependencies between projects and delays (Feature development delays a test task in other project)
4. Creating buffer and tracking if the project is consuming it and how much of it
In one sentence what I'm missing is CONTROL. Currently I can know which engineer is working on what issues, but now more than that.
It is expected of me manage the risks of the project and to estimate the finish date of the agreed scope, I feel that currently I cannot really fulfill these expectations?
I would really appreciate any help from you guys; I really need guidance here.
Doron