This question has bee asked many times but I can't find any satisfying answer.
I (and other askers) am not referring to the screen that pops up when an issue is created or edited (these can be configured using the Screen Scheme) but the detailed browse view as pictured in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/75660/how-can-i-change-the-main-view-of-an-issue.
Can this be done in AOD ?
In addition to the answers above mine, or below, or both, depending on which one will receive most votes A custom fields requires to have a value in order to show up. You can accomplish this by giving it a default value, or make the field required in any of the transitions. Additionally, you will find some helpful details on configuring fields and screen starting here.
That's the "issue view" screen. You add the custom fields to the "view" screen in the "screen scheme", and they will appear on the issue details. There's a link to the documentation in the question you've linked to.
(I really do think I'm completely missing the point of the question here though)
@Nic, I think that's the point, but the problem is how to do it maybe?
That is the "View" issue screen. You can add fields to that screen under Screen schemes and can hide/show fields using field config schemes but the fields will appear only under "Details" after the standard fields. User and Date fields will appear on the right side under people/Dates.
The standard fields and sections cannot be moved and the custom fields cannot be added under any other sections. Does that answer your question?
Hi Patrick, this documentation it's good for AOD too:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Defining+a+Screen
Yup, that's why I'm asking - as the answer is there in the link in the question, I'm really not sure why he's asking the question! And, on the back of that, I often misunderstand questions, so wanted to check. (Also, that's why I'm waving at the documentation - if I've understood the initial question correctly, then the follow-up is "where are you struggling with the docs?")
Thanks Mik this was the point !
In my case the field is a Tempo _account_ field, that shows up as a a dropdown list. Despite the field was effectively empty, the list displays the name of an account if there is only one possible choice (call it a feature or bug , instead of displaying "please select". This deceived me beacause I saw the field with a value when pressing edit, but not in the "issue view".
By the way, is it possible to assign a default value for a Tempo _account_ field ?
I've been trying to add a custom "acceptance tests" field beneath the "description" field on the main "view issue" screen unsuccessfully for ages - I now realise it isn't possioble (only on the create pop-up). Thanks.
I had the same issue and it answers my query. Thanks,
How do I edit the "View" issue screen? I have gone to Admin->Screens and I don't have a "View" screen there?
I have a "default" screen, but when I take fields off that, they still appear on the "main" view of the issue (which doesn't seem to have a good name). I mean the view that the OP linked to.
On that view, there is an Admin menu that can "add fields", but how to take them off?
The screens listed in Admin -> Screens could be used for anything (view, create, edit or transitions). You need to work out which one is in use for "view" by reading through the "screen scheme" configuration of the project, as Jobin said.
Is this possible with Jira Service Desk, while creating a ticket by Mail?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.