I need to separate secure projects for 2 customers in our JIRA on demand instance. I will most likely need to create more secure projects in the future so I need to get this right. They can't see or even know about each others projects. The initial customer1 was created using defaults; workflows, screens, schemes, etc. So here's what I've done so far:
- I created a new project for customer 2.
- I created a new customer 2 group and added a test2 user in it.
- I created a new customer 1 group and added a test 1 user in it. (Assuming I'll need to move everyone for this default project into their own group later).
- I created new separate schemes, screens, workflows, permission schemes and rolls for customer 2 project.
- The browse Projects in the new permission scheme has Project Role (Users) and Group (customer2).
When I login with my admin access and select projects tab-> all projects, I only see customer 1 project. If I click recent projects I still only see customer 1 project. But if I select projects from the Admin cog pull down menu it shows both projects.
When I login as test1 user I can see in the activity stream that a new project for the other customer was created. This is bad! Please tell me how to get rid of that activity stream exposing the secure project. Customer 1 should not know that I created a project for customer 2. If I select Project, view all projects or Recent Projects as test1 user I can only see customer1 projects, as desired. So it seems the only thing giving it away so far is the activity stream.
When I login as test2 user I can see both customer 1 and customer 2 projects. I assume this is because I haven't moved customer 1 users out of old default folder into it's own customer 1 group and applied the applicable security scheme settings.
Please let me know how to complete this so I don't expose one customer to another and can see both projects with administrator login. As of now the activity stream is exposing the information so I need to know how to get rid of that info. And please don't point me to any more documents. I've read many but need human support to make sure this is completed correctly.
Thank you