We have on-demand hosting for JIRA - https://htcsense.jira.com. I would like to use JIRA rest APIs to manipulate our instance. What is the REST URL that I need to use to call the REST APIs?
Hi,
The documentation at http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/ is a pretty good start for all of the REST API URLs. For example on your instance you could use:
http://htcsense.jira.com/rest/api/2.0.alpha1/issue/KEY-123
That would bring up the JIRA issue 'KEY-123'
OnDemand should see JIRA 5.0 soon as well, when that happens the URLs should change slightly to be more like the ones at http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/5.0-beta3/.
Cheers
Thanks a lot for the reply. I am unable to find an example to show the sequence of API calls. How is the auth API called?
Hi too_good,
The preferred methods are HTTP BASIC authentication and OAuth. Have a look at the REST API documentation for JIRA 5.0 RC7 at http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/5.0-rc7/#authentication for more background on how this works (the docs are for 5.0 but the same authentication API is also available in 4.4).
You may also find the REST API tutorials on developer.atlassian.com useful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.