I have a kanban board with a number of different statuses, I have transitions to all states enabled but the problem as I see it is that the drag and drop functionality of the kanban board doesn't work specifically when I try to move things to a state of 'Parking Lot'. However, I CAN use the buttons when on the edit screen to move to that status so the transition seems OK, just the drag and drop on the board is problematic. I could create another status, reassign all 75 issues to that status and update the kanban column to represent the new status but I'd rather avoid having all those issues modified if there is a simpler fix. Any ideas on this one?
What columns have you got on your board, and which one is "parking lot" in? Are there other status in that column?
Nic - thanks for the question on this! It is the first one in the list within the image. There aren't any other statuses attached to that column so there is no confusion over which status it should go to.
Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 11.43.17 AM.png
Ok, that makes it really clean and simple!
One nagging doubt (although I can't explain it if it does what I think it will...) - could you temporarily swap the columns backlog and parking lot. Then test if you can move into parking-lot and backlog from one of the other status? Basically, I'm looking to see if it's the parking lot column, or the first column on the board that is the problem. Swap them back as soon as tested of course!
Nic - I've tried that one already but it doesn't alter the outcome, I still can't move the item into this Parking Lot column. I can drag the issue but it dashed line around that column does not show up at all. All the other columns are fine and if I move the columns around then it still doesn't show that dashed line. The button to directly transition to 'Parking Lot' still works so it's only drag and drop that shows the problem. (I would have replied earlier but I've not got the reputation points to post too often at the moment.)
Ok, that's a good test, because it tells us it is definitely something on the transition into "parking lot", and your other tests have shown the behaviour only happens on the board, which saves me a load more questions
I'd like a closer look at some other stuff if I may? Trying to keep the list short:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.