Hello ,
is it possible to change the username of my users? One of my Users did a typo so that this name is spellt wrong. I already found out that it is possible to export everything change the name and import that again. But I cant find the export funktion on my OD Jira.
Please help,
regards
Florian Müller
Not really. Once a username has been created, it's the unique key to that user. They can change their name and email from their profile, but the login id is immutable. It's used all over the place, which is why changing it can be a pain (imagine having to rewrite every table where a user may have left a footprint - last time I looked, there were 18 of them, and some were rather obscure - nowhere near as simple as jiraissue.reporter)
The usual approach is to create a new user, get them to use it, remove the old one from any groups including "jira-users", so it can't be used or count towards your license numbers. Then bulk edit any assignee/reporter that needs to be swapped to the "new" user account.
You can't export or import your data in OnDemand, as it's a protected function - you could raise a support call with Atlassian about all of this though - they will do exports and imports if planned and booked, and they may help with the rename.
Hi Florian,
Here it is the Atlassian workaround for this:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Changing+Usernames+in+JIRA
It will be an XML Backup in the admin section.
And someone recommended this issue because it has possible workarounds:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1549
And then you can change the username on the file.
Thanks for your comment. My problem is that I'm using Jira on Demand so that I dont have the feature to backup my data.
I can only import something but that would be the ne next step. first of all I have to get out the data to change the username.
thanks for your replay, probably its easier to create a new user.
In this document indicates that you can do a request for the XML Backup.
Exporting/backing up JIRA data to XML
YES
Atlassian support will assist with generating a usable XML backups for downloadable instances, only if you have a pending cancellation of a paid-subscription Atlassian OnDemand account. Commercial customers can request an export by filing a ticket athttps://support.atlassian.com.
Jamie Echlin's excellent script runner plugin has a script for renaming user ids.
https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner
https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts
https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-RenameaUserID
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.