Yes, you can link issues from one project to another, even if the projects are handled by different applications.
Thanks, but where is the traceability with this? For example I can transition an issue between the service desk and JIRA software, the ID changes to match the new project it resides in, but if I go in to the object I don't have anything immediate that says to me that this new bug in the development project started life as a service desk call
That's true, you have to look in the history of the issue, and be aware that the old issue id it had refers to a service desk project.
I don't think Atlassian really expects you to move issues like that, especially as doing it will remove a customer's access to the issue they raised (not that there's any particular support for the other approach - having a button to say "create development bug/task/etc from this service request, and link them together", which is something I've done a few times now with scripts)
Thanks Nic, does look like it will need to be a hand and spade approach of closing off service ticket citing that the issue is a bug and making sure the unique refs for each are added in to the notes of the respective objects. Its a curious one, though I completely understand the point of a customer losing visibility etc (and its a good point!)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.