What is the best way to bulk load users into JIRA? I read about CLi, do I need the extension or can I execute if I shell into JIRA server?
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/43961/jira-a-way-to-creat-500-internal-users
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/35897/bulk-create-users
OR can the 'Users' field be used by following this process:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+CSV
Sorry to duplicate question, but some questions pertaining to this have answers linking to broken links.
The CLI is a tool by Bob swift that you'll need to download to use it - you just won't need to install it into JIRA as this is not a plugin (see the CLI docs).
It is also possible to use a CSV file as you mentioned, you just need to create issues with it and associate a different (new) user to each issue. For example:
IssueType, Summary, assignee bug, "First issue", matheus bug, "Second issue", peter bug, "Third issue", user3 new feature, "Fourth issue", admin
I hope this helps!
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/31103/is-it-possible-to-upload-users-to-jira-from-csv
Take a look at example 16-20
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Examples
https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Documentation#Documentation-addUser
Thank you - this helped and the CLI tool was very easy to configure / use.
I'm glad to hear that!
I have written a plugin that may help:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/uk.co.commercecomputing.users
Hi Patrick,
Will your plugin allow us to declare the "User Directory" for the new user ?
Thanks
Andrian
Hi Andrian,
I am afraid not. It uses a CSV file to create the users.
Patrick.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.