The latest update to JIRA seems to have moved the task link and the priority arrow for each task in the backlog from the left hand side of each entry, to the right. The task link is always now grey too.
This is a before pic from the JIRA docs which is how our backlog looked yesterday.
Backlog.jpg
...and a pic of an entry from the backlog today.
Jira backlog after update.jpg
I'm pretty sure this is not something we have done. I have checked the "What's new" section in the JIRA docs and there is an entry which sounds like a suspect:
JIRA Software
These changes have just landed on your site, or will be there in the next few days:
I cannot find any way of changing this back to the original view and everyone here in the office hates the change to the layout of the issues. The link to open the task belongs next to the actual summary text you are reading, not across on the other side of the screen.