This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to set default value for Summary Field in JIRA
This didn't work for me. The javascript code was simply printed underneath the Summary field in the Create Issue form.
Hi Douglas,
its tricky, if you are not on the cloud, you can use this:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.defaultvalues/server/overview
Thanks,
Peter T
Thanks Peter for the suggestion. But in my case, I'm using the Cloud version. Do you know of a similar solution that works with Cloud?
I am afraid no. The cloud has its perks but quite a lot of limitations too.
If you are interested in migration to on-prem, let me know.
OK. Then I would suggest updating the KB article. Currently it says it applies to JIRA On-Demand (aka cloud), which is incorrect.
You're right, that is incorrect. We're just a community of users though, most of us cannot update the articles.
There's only a "is this helpful" button, so I marked it as "inaccurate." Hopefully that gets looked at!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.