I'm looking for a way to get all the translations for a custom filed using the REST API, because in the cloud version of JIRA I've no access to the DB or to the Java libraries as I have in the Server version.
For example I have a custom field cf[10102] translated in French, English, Russian and German
Is it available any API like
http://{{serverUrl}}/rest/api/2/gettranslations?customfiledid=10102
or similar?
Hi Francesco,
Perhaps not quite what you want, but you can include the expand query parameter in requests and use it to request the names entity. This will give you a response with the (translated) names of any relevant custom fields.
expand
names
For example you can do:
<span class="nolink">https://{{serverUrl}}/rest/api/2/issue/EXAMPLE-1?expand=names</span>
The names returned will be translated according to the language preference of the calling user.
Sam
See also: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38064634
Hi Sam,
yes that's right, but I also would like to have all the translations.For example I have a custom field
"customfield_10200": "Read Only Comment", which is in English but I know that I've also a German and a French translation for this field.
How can I get these three translations despite my current English user?
I think the answer given in https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38064634 is still valid, sadly. There isn't an API resource to get all the translations as far as I know.
Hopefully someone will post an answer if they know better.
I'm wondering if it would be possible to use <a href="https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/mypreferences-setPreference" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">PUT /rest/api/2/mypreferences</a> to somehow cycle through the languages, calling the field names for each at a time. Sounds like a terribly hacky solution though! Sorry.
<a href="https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/mypreferences-setPreference" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">PUT /rest/api/2/mypreferences</a>
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.