Hello, Yes, you can. When creating a board (Menu board > View all boards > Create board) make sure to select the option "Create Board from an existing project" and select your Service Desk project. After that, to add the board into the service desk view, you can "Add a link" on the "Project Shortcut".
Did you have JIRA Software, right?
Regards.
Thanks! Yeah, I have it.
But service requests are not automagically added to sprints.
for some reason new requests are not showing up in the "To Do" column.
Any thoughts?
I followed the instructions above but my list of existing Projects does not include Service Desk projects just Jira. I am signed in as admin to both and the authentication is using LDAP. I also have the applications (jira & servicedesk) linked , is there anything else I need to do
We are using a number of projects to manage incoming support as well as development tasks as they are identified and would like to organize using a board.
I cannot find the option to create a board anywhere in my instance.
I am using JIRA Service Desk, but do not have JIRA Software.
Is it possible to configure a board to organize issues as they are coming into projects from the Service Desk portal or email submission? We've also set up a generic intake project that we were thinking of configuring for some issues that the user was unsure where to assign the issue.
Thank you for your assistance
Danny,
Boards are not available in JSD standalone, you need to have Jira Software installed as well.
Hi @Meck,
what would this mean?
While its possible your users will require JIRA software permissions to view boards.
Same problem here! The query shows the tickets but not the board.
Just noticed the had a sub filter (jira default) set on the board. Remove it and the incidents show up.... just love how these new features mess up things.
So we need to buy both help desk and the other jira agile for kanban to work?
Or
Can I just add trello app to the project and the tasks will copy live from the help desk project?
Great question.
Would love to know this, too.
As far I'm concerned you have to buy both (JSD and JS).
But you can try integrate Jira Service Desk with Trello, but it's not the same of use a native board.
What is the difference and disadvantages? Please help as your answer was vague on 'not the same', trello is trello not jira. But what do I not get with trello vs jira kanban and vice versa?
Jira Service Desk does not actually have Kanban/Scrum boards, but you can configure a kanban/scrum board to show service desk tickets. But please note, it has some restrictions, will not work as software projects do. You also need to have Jira Software for it.
Since Service Desk does not contain boards, this isn't exactly how it was designed for Agents to work on issues. You can still do it following the steps below, however, to have these users each using Service Desk and a Kanban board, each user will have a license for both applications (Jira Software and Jira Service Desk). With Service Desk Agents are typically more focused on using queues.
To create a board with service desk projects, please follow the steps below:
After that, to add the board to the service desk view, you can "Add a link" on the "Project Shortcut".
Also, please refer to the following documentation, where it recommends other solutions:
JIRA Service Desk (JSD) does not ship with a boards function, as it's unusual to manage service requests in this way. But, if you also buy JIRA Software, you can get Kanban board functionality and apply it to JIRA Service Desk projects.
I'm having the same issue. When I create a Board in JIRA I don't see any of my Service Desk projects as options.
had this same issue. following the above instructions exactly solved it. I also added another few projects to the mix and it still worked well. Thanks @Derek Gold
same here. Is there an app in the marketplace that allows this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.