I am trying to import JIRA issues from a CSV file, but key fields are missing in the drop downs used to map the CSV file fields to project fields, like date created, date closed/resolved, issue key, etc.
Please make sure you have done the formatting for the date fields as outlined in the lower portion of: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+CSV
There is no way for you to set the Issue Key. This is decided at the time the issue is created. You can create a custom field to store your legacy issue keys if you wish.
I was able to import all those fields successfully in a test attempt. Many more fields appeared in the drop down list, including an issue key. I deleted the project because I wanted to map values for the issue key in order to retain it from the original system I am copying it from. When I tried to import the same CSV files again I did not see a number of fields I need there anymore. I believe it is possible to retain Issue Keys (we use VTTR-nnnn format) if you check "Map field values" on the import. The project I am importing to is blank.
The only thing I played with between the import attempts is workflows which are not now applied to any of the projects. Don't know what to do.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.