I'm new to JIRA. I need help understanding what I am looking at when I am viewing the View Field Configuration page. The first sentence on the page says this, "The table below shows all fields configured in JIRA and their properties for TP: Bug Field Configuration."
The first field I see listed is this: "Account" and it also has a little annotation that reads "LOCKED". Under the "Operations" column that field has 1 link: "Screens".
The 2nd field is called "Affects Version/s" and has the following links listed under the "Operations" column: "Edit", "Hide, "Required", "Screens", and "Renderers".
The 3rd field is called "Aha! Reference" and has the following links listed under the "Operations" column: "Edit" and "Show".
My 1st question is: Why do some fields have more Operations than others in the View Field Configuration?
2nd question is: How do I gain access to all Operations on all the fields I see on this page?
3rd question is: Why do I see fields on this page that are NOT actually part of my project?
4th question is: Can someone please explain to me what the Field Configuration is and how to use it in my project? With screens, screen schemes, workflows, workflow schemes, fields, field configurations, and field configuration schemes...it's hard to tell what the function of each one is and how I can make any sense of how to go about using the functionality.
*Also just want to communicate that I have read through all the documentation in the "Administering JIRA Cloud Applications" section of the Atlassian Documentation and it doesn't help. Unfortunately, my questions remain unanswered after going through the documentation.
Thanks for any help you can give a new person to JIRA!
. Adam .