Hello,
I am currently setting up our company's JIRA so we can transfer from a different issue tracking system and have modified everything quite a lot. We are trying to make it as close to our work process as possible so it is intuitive and easy to use.
As a consequence, we need a Work board that has set columns but has a filter that can easily be modified for a specific issue. The idea is to track progress (as a Developer) of sub-tasks of the parent issue, prioritise them, and control what will be done and what won't.
I am aware that the sub-tasks view when seeing the details for a particular issue is sort of the same. However, there is no way to sort what you see there and no easy way to transition/label sub-tasks. Subsequently, it is not very useful in our case.
So my question resorts to: Is the there a workaround or a way to do what we need or are we stuck with manually writing JQL queries for each individual issue you want to control/manage? As you can possibly see this is far from perfect and I would prefer to be able to add a button that at least uses the issue as a parameter in a pre written query. Sadly I could not find a solution for this too.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Kind regards,
Stoyan Ivanov.