I merged cells in the header row of my table, and it removed the color.
I can't replicate this, but sometimes things happen. Are you able to select the new merged cell and apply the color?
Here's what it looked like before I merged the header cells and added copy:
Download Installer-before merge fields.png
And here's after:
Download Installer - after merge columns.png
Are you using Table Plus or some other advanced table macro?
I suspect the problem is that header rows allow you to sort the rows by clicking the header name so once you merge two header cells it doesn't know how to treat the cell as a header .. since it doesn't know which of the two columns to use as the sort reference so it basically tuns off the header setting for the that row and hence loses its colour - try making the second row a header row.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.