Hy,
Where can I find the list of all the standard fields with a description and a format ?
Thank you
What do you mean by "standard fields"? The system ones that are built into JIRA and Software?
I mean the field like resolution date or created date for example.
Do you mean the ones that are built in then?
If you have the correct permission, Custom Fields are in the "Administration Screen (cogwheel gear icon) > Issues > Custom Fields" on the left side of the screen. Some of the System Fields are on these screen to (take a look at the tabs on the left side again).
Maybe this will help:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver071/advanced-searching-800707146.html
scroll down to :
Reference
In the table, you'll see
>Show list of fields
Open it and there are the standard fields useable by JQL.
Neal
I'm not an Admin, but I'm providing feedback to someone who's creating a JIRA project for our bug/suggestion tracking. Some fields I'd like to have are missing and it would be great to view a user guide or equivalent that would list all the fields that can be implemented for a JIRA ticket.
Does such an entity exist?Thanks. Using JIRA Server.
You can define whatever fields you want for Jira issues - that's what custom fields are for.
For a list of the built-in "system" fields, see Richard's link below - there's a table part way down with a line "fields" that expands to show the system fields that are always there (but can be ignored or hidden if you want)
Oh, this is great. Thank you! Now, for the next question. I want to use the TYPE field to record whether this issue is a Bug, Suggestion, etc. How can I find out if it supports a pulldown menu. We need the following values:
Can we define them? Or are the values pre-defined?
.
Check this page for Jira 7.12 - Advanced searching - fields reference
Is there any documentation that shows the definitions of each field (not custom fields, but "out of the box" Jira fields) along with an explanation of how they are to be used?
I believe the most complete list of standard fields for Jira Cloud can be found here.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.