I'd like to create a simple Confluence WebHook for another application. There's an admin page to add WebHooks for JIRA, but I don't see the same for Confluence.
The documentation here says I can add WebHooks. https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/modules/jira/webhook.html
Hello all,Webhooks are not available for Confluence at this time. We do have a feature request open for this: CONFSERVER-52487: Webhooks for ConfluenceFeature requests are implemented per our Implementation of New Features Policy, so I would suggest voting on and watch the case, and leave any feedback you may have on the feature request itself. Our developers look to these cases when prioritizing which bugs and feature requests to work on. This participation will help the feature to gain traction and will also be the best way to receive updates on the status of this case.Thanks, everyone.
Hi Lisa,
As far as I know, Webhooks is available for cloud instances. I could find this doc for JIRA cloud and it should be similar to confluence.
Cheers,
Rodrigo
I agree, it "should be", but there is no corresponding Confluence Admin page for JIRA Admin > System > Webhooks.
Webhooks are currently only available for Cloud instances of JIRA. At some point in the past it was pulled from Confluence, and as of yet there are no plans to reinstate that functionality.
Hope this helps!
Brian
Brian,
It helps confirm the situation, but is disappointing. We'll likely do something custom.
Thanks,
Lisa
Disappointing. Not having Confluence Webhooks hurts my cause of trying to make Atlassian Stack the collaboration stack of choice.
A really good use case for this would be to provide a webhook everytime a document is created from a template. This would allow for a process to be triggered from the creation of a specific document. For example I ask my teams to keep "change logs" which show us what was deployed to a particular system as well as notes observed after deployment. This is setup as a template in our confluence and if we could webhook that to other systems to notify them with the "meta data properties" from the page than we could build some really great processes where Confluence could remain the single source of information and other systems could simply be aware.
This would seem to fit in with overall product strategy for Confluence quite well. It's a real shame this doesn't exist.
Greetings,
It's September 2017 now, and this post was created in 2014. Is there any new news on webhooks for Confluence? There are SOOOOOO many applications for this and currently I feel "stuck" because my company decided to use the Atlassian stack.
Brett
I am interested in this information as well.
Hi Robert,
thanks for having the feature request registered. I voted and watch it.
Now that you guys have dropped HipChat and Stride, Webhooks are even more needed to feed other Group Chat platforms without the need to buy 3rd party plugins.
Best regards,George
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.