Hello gang...I use time tracking with legacy mode 'on' so I can enforce preservation of the "Original Estimate" once a work log entry is logged to an issue. This is a great feature since only the "Time Remaining" can be altered from that point forward. At closing the issue, I prevent the transition if there is no original estimate.
However, my devs sometimes forget to supply the "Original Estimate" before starting the work. Days go by with several work logs now stacked up on that issue. The dev then goes to close the issue and finds it's blocked because of the empty "Original Estimate". The only workaround I have is to help him/her delete all of the work logs against that issue, which exposes the "Original Estimate" field, supply the estimate number, and then add + back date onto the issue all of the removed work logs.
I have no means on the bulk edit to edit the "Original Estimate". How do you admins out there who use my approach deal with this problem? Yes, most people know how to work within this constraint, but at least 3x/week, I have to deal with this for someone.