Confluence 5.9.7 - Win10 - Chrome
Does Confluence not properly support my browser's BACK button when I click on a link to an anchor? i ask b/c of the following behavior. To the best of my knowledge the following occurred:
1) Made a change to the page.
2) Saved.
3) Scrolled down to a portion of the doc containing a link. Call this place "X".
4) I clicked on a link to an anchor.
5) I was taken to the correct place on the page.
6) I clicked the BACK button.
7) Instead of being taken back to X it appears I was taken back into EDIT mode.
8) I saved the page.
9) A warning came up, saying that the changes could not be merged. It stated that various types of modifications (changes, formatting changes, and deletions) would be highlighted in different colors.
10) When I glanced through the doc, I did not see any such highlighting.
11) I clicked the Overwrite (not Save) button in the lower right.
12) My most recent change was lost. 
I see two issues:
- Per Step 7: The BACK button should take me to the previous place in the doc, and certainly not back into edit mode, which is dangerous, as is evident by my second bullet point below.
- Per Steps 9 - 12: Behavior that ultimately lost changes.
Has anyone seen the above behavior? Does it sound like a bug?
Thanks,
Steve