My question is a fundamental question re organizing spaces and projects.
Our company develops products and does custom development work for some large clients.
My understanding was that everything within one space is seperate from another space (1) please confirm.
As such, my thought was to create one space for internal product development housing many projects and one space per major client where we would house custom development projects. Finally, I was thinking of creating one last (third) space for common company questions (HR, Policies, producedure, company news). (2) does this make sense / is this common pracitce?
What I have found is somewhat frustrating. I have created the three spaces (via the "add space" option on the main system dashboard, however, this creates a project within called the same thing as the space. I then add projects (thinking that I am within the space) and it creates new spaces for the product (which I found odd). I see these on the system dashboard as separate spaces. When I browse a particualr space (let's say our main development space), I see the projects dropdown containing several projects (but not all).
(3) what gives? Do I have multiple spaces one for each project or multiple projects under one space - and how can I confirm the difference?
We are nering the end of our one-month on demand trial, and I think that I need to understand these fundamental topics before proceeding too far. My hope was to purchase the projects for download once I had understood the fundamentals and kickstarted a few projects on demand.
Any help/guidance you can provide would be most appreciated.