Note this is the hosted OnDemand instance.
The Issue
All of a sudden starting this morning,
- Creating a new bug in JIRA is how requiring the mandary entry of Epic Name (as required field). This is changed behaviour since yesterday.
- The View Field configuration screen is showing the Epic Name field as both REQUIRED and LOCKED
- The Custom Field screen is showing that Epic Name is locked and assigned to both Epics and Bugs.
Solution?
I believe this (Epic Name required for Bugs) needs to be changed, however, all the fields are locked and the only workaround I can find are mentioned in this duplicate issue https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/192288/epic-name-suddenly-a-required-field
The solutions
- require access to the DB ... which we don't have using the on Demand version
- require me to restore defaults ... but we have made a LOT of field changes.
How do I get this fixed?
Thanks in advance