This is hugely frustrating, as I had this working some time ago. Now I am trying to do it again from scratch, and I am simply unable to tuck custom fields into a tab in the standard 'View Issue' screen. I can see the tab, and custom field within the 'edit' screen, but not the 'view screen' if that makes sense.
Are the fields null, are they currently empty? Custom fields are not visible on the View screen when they are null. Also, are you using the Admin Tool Where is my field?
Check your screen scheme to see if the edit and view screens are different (project screen scheme -> Configure). I suspect this may be the problem. If this is the case, (they are different screens) you will need to update the layout of the view screen also.
@Tom Proctor - There's the big 'Associate and issue operation with a screen' button top right corner. Do I have to 'map' each of create, edit, and view with the 'scheme' I have created with the tab?
Steve - They are not empty; they have default values. All good, I can see the TAB > custom field within EDIT, but the problem is I cannot seem to enable TAB in the standard 'view issue' screen... these custom fields appear under the default 'Details' section. I want a tab.
I can't seem to add new comments (three points?) so I'll add the screenshot here.customfield1.jpg
Hmm, you mentioned the wrong Steve.
Could you show screenshots of your screens and screen schemes? I'm sure we can figure this out.
Not a different screen problem like I thought it might be - you only have 1 default screen... Steve?
No, I am still not sure. Now I unfortunately need to ask, can we see the edit screen, where the default value is plainly visible, as well as see the view screen the field is misbehaving on?
Without access to your system we really can't tell unless you show us, sorry for the screenshot request.
(also I just realized I'm on a extra account, my other one can approve users [i wish i could merge accounts @atlassian!])
Well, I have some closure for those curious minds.
"Epic Link" is one of a few stock JIRA fields considered 'Custom'.
So, if this field contains null, the default 'Field Tab' in the View screen will be suppressed. As such, this has a fallout effect of suppressing the second 'Development tab' I showed above.
It's likely the same behaviour will erupt with 'Sprint' as well.
My mind is boggled. I'm going to need to replicate for myself I think... Is there a bug or KB article to refer to?
Not certain if there is one. I had a support ticket with them on this?
They did add some feature requests based on this.
Haha... I have to look into this more myself, I think the point is slightly missed with those reports.
Hi, I have a situation where i want to add a custom filed to the view screen under the priority filed, but Jira doesn't offer me that choise. They give me to choose where i want to see this custom filed, but only on the tabs, and now i can only choose to see it under the tab - info, and i can't move it to the place where i want ot see it. Can anyone help please. thank you
Clarifying question. Is it that you are unable to put the field where you want to on the view screen?If so, are you trying to add it in the area at the top near where Priority is? If so, it's my understanding that area can't be changed.Others more experienced than I - is this correct, that you can't change the area at the top, below Summary and the buttons, where Issue Type, Status, Priority, etc. are located?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.