Hi there,
I have a Maven-built, standalone Java 8 app (as in, uses streams and other 8-ish features) that works well with Jira using the jira-rest-java-client suite. I'd like to integrate its featureset directly with Atlassian OnDemand with an eye towards the Marketplace, leading me to Connect and ac-play-java. I'm not a Play expert but am willing to learn, however it looks like ac-play-java has fallen behind the current Play framework and, judging from activity may be on its way to deprecation.
So:
- Should I go further with ac-play-java?
- If so:
- What version should I use from Maven/build from source (guessing 0.10.1 from source)?
- What version of Play framework should this run against (guessing 4.2.x)?
- Will everything work with Java 8?
- If not:
- What's the easiest, 3rd-party route for a Java programmer to get busy with Connect?
- Relative merits of cobbling together my own JWT/webhook mechanism and wrapping it all up in a WAR, since I'm already talking to Jira through other means?
Thanks very much for your time -- I'm looking forward to proceeding with this work, just a little confused as to how.