Yes, this is similar to "Getting Field is Required Error Message when Field is not included on screen", except my issue involves different projects, not different screens.
I have a few projects:
- Dev Staging
- Intelliquip
- Infrastructure
- Services
I have a custom field "Release Notes" that is mandatory – but only for the development issues in the "Dev Staging" and the "Intelliquip" project. The other projects do not need this behavior.
JIRA_Release_Notes_Custom_Field.png
So, if I create an issue in Dev Staging or Intelliquip, I must fill in the field. Perfect!
If I create an issue in Services, I do not have to worry about this field. Perfect!
If I create an issue in Infrastructure, I must fill in this field. WHOA! ERROR! Not Perfect!
I have checked everything I can think of to see why this one project behaves differently, but cannot figure out why JIRA is behaving this way. Infrastructure and Services have different screen schemes. I have tried to create a separate Issue Type Screen only for the Infrastructure project. All to no avail.
Any tips?