JIRA Cloud Software - Newly Created Service Desk Project
I have changed the permissions on the project so that users can raise issues without having a JIRA account however, I have noticed once the issue is raised I have no way to respond to the customer who raised the ticket as it is listed as anonymous. I have thought about creating user accounts for each person who will be raising issues however it would not be suitable to create a JIRA account for each user as we will eventually have students raising issues themselves and licensing cost will be too high.
I need to be able to capture the requestor's email address and for that to then be populated in the requester field so I can respond within Jira.
Any advice on the best way around this so I can both capture the requestor's email and respond inside JIRA will leaving the permissions to raise a ticket anonymously.