I have added the location field to my default screen yet it does not appear. Where is my field says it should be there but it isn't. What am I missing?
Everything checked out but still not displaying. I am planning on opening a support ticket. It must be something really small or a wire crossed.
have a look at http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/04/jira-admins-where-is-your-field/
The JIRA Admin Helper is a free, bundled plugin that answers questions like:
Hi,
Did you check if the custom field is configured to be visible for the issue that you are trying to view?
Vijay
The where is my field screen says it should be there. As an administrator I have access to do everything but when I try to add it from the story page I get field added but you do not have permission to edit it. How is that possible?
Definitely visible not hidden.
does the field show up in view screen? (e.g. try setting a value using 'search issues' & bulk operations/edit). I'd also look to activate some extra logging to check.
good luck
Can you go through checks one by one?
- Field configuration of the "Location Field" contains the issuetype and project you are checking
- Field configuration scheme for the project is not hiding the field
- Screen used for the project is the one in which you have put the field.
If all is fine, is there anything in logs when you try to access the issue?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.