I guess my question touches a few areas here, but I'm really just looking for any good info on automating certain tasks or whether that makes sense to do.
I have a Service Desk instance I'm in the early stages of setting up for our company. Within the IT dept, we have separate groups for a few different applications that are support/develop. Let's say, 4 separate groups apart from our Helpdesk Team. So in a situation like this, if we're running off JIRA Service Desk, any user submitted tickets are going to be coming into that project first and groups will be broken into separate queues so they can see their correct tickets. So Group X Queue sees only issue type X tickets, and all those pop up in their queue.
So I'm just curious how that intersects with any of our groups' projects, if at all. Since each group would have a project, I'm wondering whether it's possible to route these tickets to other projects instead of the queue, or whether that's even a better move in the long run. My thinking is, if a project is that groups ticket container, it should contain all their tickets, regardless of whether it came through service desk or not. But hopefully someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that. It just seems like with JIRA's automation capabilities, pushing tickets around the best possible way could work, but I'm not just not complete sure of what my capabilities are there, and what's better to go with. Any info is greatly appreciated.