The page here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Issues
Implies that I can use a 4.1.1 XML export to import into OnDemand.
Can anyone confirm that's likley to work before I start the process please?
We've also got Greenhopper installed on that instance - in case that's relevant.
Thanks!
Dave
Hi David,
Importing Jira data that was created prior to version 4.3.x will fail. The documentation is misleading, we will be working on making this more clear. In order to import your data I would advise to first locally import the data in Jira 5.x and from this version create a new backup which can be imported into OnDemand.
The reason why the import fails is because of the change in usermanagement. (Implementation of embedded crowd)
Could I avoid the pain of going all the way to 5 by just going to 4.3.x though?
We advise to upgrade your data to Jira 5 prior to importing this to OnDemand. The OnDemand environment is in many cases different then the local installation. The conversion from stand-alone to OnDemand (done by the import tool) and the upgrade of data over multiple versions could corrupt the import, we have seen many cases where everything goes ok but also cases where the import failed.
So to me, it's worth trying just the upgrade to 4.3.x - see if that will import and only if it doesn't, going all the way to 5 on the stand-alone version.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.