My experience from upgrading from JIRA 6.4.11 to 7.0.5. on our TEST environment can be described as complicated and very time consuming.
I have been running in various issues although we have a well maintained environment.
We are using JIRA, AGILE and also the Servicedesk.
I had various errors and no access to the Servicedesk at all right after the upgrade. After a time consuming research I found the solution for the problem: the correct and valid license keys got messed up so I had to uninstall the license keys, reenter the same keys and had to restart the application.
In addition half of the purchased add-ons are incompatibel with the new version and the jenkins plugin, which is necessary for us had to be disabled because it caused a critical error: (com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/atlassian/jira/JiraDataType...) so that the agile boards were not accessible.
My biggest problem was the somehow muddy and for me unclear documentation and the migration hub did not provide any useful information for me as admin.