I want to share a software version with multiple projects because they are using the software from the same release tag. But I found that the version field is only for one project. Is there anyway to share it with other projects?
You cannot share it. You can only create the versions with the same name!
You can also use labels to group them together but that won't give the functionality of versions for sure.
Unfortunately there isn't a way to share versions, other than to manually recreate them or do so programmatically (JIRA CLI). There is an outstanding feature request for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-2698 if you want to put your two cents in and vote, perhaps this will get it on the roadmap at some point.
Sorry for the repeat answer. I posted this and waited too long to hit submit!
See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/1775/versions-apply-to-several-projects/1776
The problem of Labels are: the users can always have a typing mistake and create a new Label. Is there anyway to stop people doing so in a Label field?
I voted it but don't know when can we get it from atlassian.
This link helps, thanks a lot!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.