I have test cases in JIRA and I have a workflow status to PASS/FAIL them. When a user clicks fail, I would like them to automatically be taken to a defect screen so a defect can be created and possibly linked bac to the test case.
Is this possible?
There is no way to do this in JIRA onDemand instance.
Are you a 100% sure of this? Is there a way to easily do it in the On Premise version?
Are you a 100% sure of this?
Yes, but I have been proved wrong before
Even in the on-premise version, I haven't seen any plugins that does this (redirection). You should be able to capture the summary and description in the transition screen for the bug and then use some post functions (scripted or custom written) to create a defect using those fields.
Other option maybe to handle this byt modifying JIRA source although I don't recommend it.
So is there away in a transition to open up a create defect tab ina new window , with on demand?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.