I'm trying to understand how I can better utilize the automated workflow transitions between Bitbucket and Github back into JIRA. I am the Project Manager so unfortunately my development skills don't go to deep in this realm.
However, our developers are currently straddling the fence as far as where the repos are
Front End is based out of Github while the backend is based out of Bitbucket
I'd like to send a notification when a story has been deployed to our test box. However, if half the subtasks for a story are going to be pushed from Git Hub and the other Half from Bitbucket, is this possible? Or, do all subtasks need to be aligned to only 1 repository.
I understand that this could be the most poorly worded question in history, but I got to start somewhere.
Thanks!
P.S. does anyone have any higher level documentation about how JIRA, and Github work together besides the atlassian stuff? more layman type? thanks!