As far as I can see a validator for a workflow transition always executes regardless of the issue type. Is it possible to execute a validation only for specific issue types?
If you associate different workflows with different issue types, then you can have different validators for them.
A validator always checks on a transition though, so if you want one workflow that behaves differently according to issue type, you'll need code, as you'll want to include "check issue type" as part of the validator.
Hi,
AFAIK, you need "Script Validator --> Simple Script Validator"
if(issue.issueType.name == 'Bug' || issue.issueType.name == 'Enhancement'){ .... .... (Your code)}
From which add-on?
Script Runner https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner/server/overview
I ask because there's several. Also, ScriptRunner is not (yet) for Cloud, as tagged in the question. Although I should have said that earlier.
Different workflows creates a lot of maintenance. We already have several projects based on SCRUM in which we try to keep the workflow as general as possible.
If we "code" a custom validator, can we use that in the Cloud version? Do you have any references for a documentation on how to do this?
Coding is heavily limited in Cloud - there's no add-ons that I know of that can do conditions coding really.
Most recent answers can be found in this post:
Solved: Workflow validator for specific issue type
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.