I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or I'm just doing the workflow incorrectly.
I have a current sprint and am adding stories since the team is finishing quicker than expected. The new stories don't have points (or 'estimate') yet. Someone then adds the points via an edit on the story itself instead of editing the 'estimate' on the planning board. The points then show up on the planning board under 'estimate' and all looks good but the points show up as a dash on the sprint report and never get added to velocity.
Even if I remove the blank pointed story out the sprint, add the points and drag it back in, it still keeps the points as a dash when viewing the sprint reoprt and they're not included in the final velocity tally.
Is that how it's supposed to work? Is my workflow wrong? Or are the fields not mapped in the database correctly? What is the reasoning for the dashes? Why don't those stories count?
Thanks.